Thursday, April 26, 2018

Being Grateful

Hello, blog friends. I am back yet again.
Today, I had to remind myself on what it means to be grateful.
My day went well, except I had procrastinated for a full two hours before getting any writing work done. I like to begin my work day around nine, but lately I seem to be clocking in around ten or eleven, and now 11:30.
I am not the most disciplined person in the world, but during this month I have become quite the disciplined writer and want to keep it that way.
When I realized that I had lazed around long enough, I found myself moaning and groaning.
I did not want to flick on my laptop and dreaded sitting back down in my rocking chair to type out another chapter for my novel and begin writing and revising more magazine articles.
A thought popped into my head while I took my computer out of its case that I am a very fortunate person. Granted, I am only a beginning writer, but how many other people can say that their work day consists of letting their imagination go wild on a page.
I thought back to the day when I made my decision to commit full time to my writing back in December. I have come too far to go back on it now.
As of now, my chapter is completed and ready to be edited by my writing mentor and after I take a quick lunch break, at least one article will either be written or revised. The work will be done and as I will soon revel in the accomplishments that were made throughout my day, I will put this day down on my blessings list.
A friend of mine had written a book and in that book, she had the main character make a thank you list. I have tried doing this in my head and have discovered that once I get started with something small, like my warm bed, that I can find and make my own breakfast, that I have the ability to exercise, it builds.
Comment below if you have ever felt ungrateful or have ever come up with your own blessings list.


4 comments:

  1. You are doing great, Kayla. Just keep going. I am proud of you.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about complaining vs. praise; that's a very good point. When I complain about something, I try and remind myself to thank God about the good He is doing in spite of, or even through it. It is a habit I need to cultivate more, because praise and thanksgiving stir up faith.

    Keep posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've taken up blogging again, Kayla. I like the way you express yourself. You had some very good thoughts about thankfulness there, which I appreciate. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete