Sunday, July 8, 2018

I Am Back!

Hello, everyone. Yes, I know. This post has been a long time coming.
I bet you all are wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, let's get the biggest moment out of the way first.
I wrote a novel! I know; I can't believe it either, but I did.
With much help from my writing mentor and outlining, I just did it. Granted, anyone who really knows me will tell you that I am not the most disciplined girl in the world. Yet somehow, with the grace that only God could give and the accountability of my mentor, I spun out a chapter a day and wrote up the draft in about 1.5 months. (That number was said to me by a lady in my online writers' group.)
Then the editing came. I am not sure if that was my favorite or not, but there were days I loved it and days I didn't. Once the editing was finished and the full proposal was prepared, it was off to my first publisher. That happened last month on June 14th at about 9:00 at night.
And now... we wait.
I have submitted a magazine story and want to increase my productivity as a writer, but must admit that I have gotten lazy. I had gotten into a groove with my book and since it is finished, I am kind of flopping around like a fish on land.
So, trying to work on scheduling work hours and actually turning freelance writing into a job is my next goal. Also, my family are in the process of losing weight.
My goal is a bit high--twenty pounds minimum, thirty max, but I am trying to be patient.
We have been vacationing a lot over the summer, which is always fun.
I am also trying to be consistent with my devotional time.
This year of 2018 is becoming my renewal year. So much has happened in my life and a lot of emotional ups and downs have occurred. This year, a new Kayla needs to be born, so I am doing my best to get back to basics and take care of my physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Well, guys, that's all I have to report on for now. I hope to drop back in with more news later on. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post, Kay1a. Informative and well-written as well as interesting. I'd like to add how very proud I am of you.

    Completing a novel is not an easy task--but, oh, how rewarding to actually have done it. The next one gets easier because we learn to recognize all the pesky little things while writing the first (Grin.) Here's to many more stories, articles, and books. You can do it!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you got that finished:)
    If you can't tackle another novel right away, do you think you will write another magazine article? Or maybe another Keys for Kids devotional?

    ReplyDelete